Milk Jar candles are hand poured in small batches using clean burning coconut-soy wax and natural wood wicks. There are two lines of candles, one scented with phthalate free fragrance oils, and another scented with pure essential oils.
most candles on the market today use paraffin wax for its inexpensive cost and strong ability to scent a room, however, it has large implications for our health. paraffin is a petroleum by-product that when burned, releases toxic chemicals - two of which are carcinogens - and soot fumes into the air.
we love coconut-soy wax because it is a vegetable by-product making it a renewable resource. it will burn clean without producing soot and harmful carcinogens, and burn cooler than paraffin wax which attributes to 30-50% longer burn time.
$1 from every product is donated to programs supporting children with disabilities in Calgary.
Available in the following scents:
- Suede (Spiced Bourbon & Leather)
- Holly (Cranberry, Pine & Clove)
- Harvest (Orange, Clove & Pumpkin Spice)
- Sweater Weather (Maple Butter)
- Aurora (Teakwood, Mahogany & Aspen)
*Essential Oil* $42
- Himalaya Essential Oil (Grapefruit, Patchouli & Ylang Ylang)
- Woodland Essential Oil (Eucalyptus, Rosemary & Cedar wood)
- Citrus Essential Oil (Sweet Orange & Lemongrass)
- Hygge (Vanilla, Tobacco & Cedar)
- Hang Dry (Watermelon & Mint)
- Sunnyside (Juicy Pear & White Nectarine)
- Hawaii (Plumeria & Lilac)
- Dandy (Mahogany, Firewood & Pine)
- Lemonade (Coconut, Lime Verbena & Pinè)
- Bohemia (Lemongrass, Lavender & Sage)
- French Laundry (Spring Rain, Cotton & French Vanilla)
ABOUT Milk Jar
Milk jar is a clean-burning candle company from calgary alberta. launched in 2016, Holly Singer set out to engineer a local, unique candle alternative to the synthetic paraffin wax candles on the modern market.
consisting of two lines of candles: one with plant-based essential oils, and the other with phthalate-free fragrance oils, Each candle is hand poured, features double-ply wooden wicks, and 10oz glass for a quality burn time of 50-60 hours.
a number of years after the inception, milk jar remains locally manufactured, and a staple in canadian apothecary with stockists across the country.